For many of us, the last couple of years has been challenging, to say the least.
Here at WiBRD, we often hear from our members that reserves are low; ‘tanks’ are empty. We know the power of Mentoring to inspire and ignite passion. We know that mentoring is one way to fill those depleted reserves.
This is one of the main reasons why we are excited to offer our Mentor Connect Program.
Mentoring aligns so well with the ‘pay it forward’ culture that already exists in our WIBRD community and our Limestone Coast community. A good mentoring program also reinforces the idea that everybody has something to teach and something to learn.
Anyone who has ever experienced a mentoring relationship will know that it can be comfortable and uncomfortable both at the same time – it’s a wonderful opportunity to be in a safe space and get ‘uncomfortable’ by challenging yourself to learn/feel/think something new.
There is great power in a mentor who is intentional with their time, it can challenge us to be intentional with our actions.
So, if you would like to be a mentor or a mentee and take the opportunity to connect for two x one-hour sessions on a focused topic of your choice then please apply by filling out an EOI through one of the buttons below.
Those lucky enough to be involved in our mentoring program will have access to a masterclass with Shivani Gupta who will share her experiences in mentoring and expertise in how to engage in a successful mentoring relationship.
We are incredibly excited to be able to bring this program to our local community.
*Mentees must be WiBRD Members. Please read the Framework here.
- Nominate Expression of Interest via the buttons above.
- If not a member join WiBRD.
- Watch either mentor or mentee video, set to you once you’ve been accepted.
- WiBRD will match mentors and mentees.
- Welcome email with further steps including watching our mentor and mentee video.
- Mentor to contact Mentee – organise time and Mentee to fill out “goals” (Shivina Doco).
- Meet for 2 x One-hour sessions within required time frame.
- Provide feedback.