The Australian Shareholders’ Association are running a free financial literacy workshop for women over 55 in Mount Gambier on the 14th of October. Funded by Ecstra (formerly Financial Literacy Australia), the workshops are part of a program being rolled out across Australia.
Mount Gambier Workshop: 14 October 2019 @ Best Western Southgate Mount Gambier
To register by phone: 1300 368 448 or 02 9252 4244
To register: 1300 368 448 or www.australianshareholders.com.au/fin-lit-project
- Free workshops for women aged over 55
- Aims to empower older women with basic investment and financial concepts
- After successful pilot in Victoria, there are 35 workshops scheduled across Australia in 2019
- Project stemmed from research showing that because of traditionally gendered roles, longer life expectancy and divorce, older women who have not been involved in their finances are more vulnerable to financial elder abuse.
- Created by the Australian Shareholders’ Association, receives funding support from Ecstra (formerly Financial Literacy Australia)
- Research has found that because of traditionally gendered roles, men tended to take care of finances, leaving women more vulnerable to anxiety of finances and financial elder abuse. This project is designed to help women get a grasp on some basic concepts to give you the confidence to have those difficult discussions.